Monday, May 23, 2016

BEING OUR OWN CHEERLEADERS

Dear Girls,

Life has it's ups and downs, and sometimes we find ourselves in desperate need of a good pep talk. Almost all of last week was pretty shaky for me and I felt completely off my game. I was doubting every decision, and it really caused some interruption of my somewhat peaceful state. 

I've dealt with times like this before - I think we all do - and the most important thing to do during moments like these is to not give up hope. Sometime we have to be our own cheerleaders - our own source of motivation. It can be easy to get discouraged and let things like rude comments and comparison get you down. That's why it's important to know how to have your own back when moments of doubt strike.

I have a few things I like to do help pick me back up and get back into the right frame of mind. First, I like to set aside some quiet time to pray and clear my head. Giving everything up to God really helps ground me and gets my focus back. I'm constantly in "go go go!" mode, and sometimes forget that things work out in God's timing, not my own.

I also think it's super important to be gentle and kind to ourselves. The world is moving so fast, and there's always a constant pressure to be the best and on top of it all. We have to remember to give ourselves moments of rest and care, where we can be pampered and relax a bit. I try to take my day off every week to settle down and enjoy something luxurious - sleep during the day-time, a soothing face mask, watching a few episodes on Netflix or even curling up with a good book for an hour.

The last thing I like to do is give myself a little pep talk. I'll go over past successes and goals achieved, as well as all of the things that I'm grateful for. I also like to read over motivational quotes that have really inspired me in the past. I think there's a lot of power in positive words and being thankful for the good things in life instead of always searching for something better.

I really hope you guys have wonderful and  productive week ahead. 

Love Always, 
Seema Sammy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment