Dear Girls,So let’s be real. It is pretty hard to focus on recovering when you are questioning yourself about what went wrong. You thought you were soul mates. Those darn questions and thoughts. For some of us, it feels like we have to start over, and for others it may be easier to move on. There isn’t one set way to heal or recover from a broken heart.
There are many ways to heal and recover after heartbreak, but the most important thing is for you to know that it is possible. Life is filled with solutions and wonderful ways in which to overcome hardship. If you are willing, you will find what you are looking for. And if a mended, happy, recovered heart is what you seek, then you will find exactly that.
“Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.”
How to gently heal a broken heart
1. Make a choice: either run from the pain or deal with it. Hopefully you want to deal with it and not distract yourself by other means (i.e. overworking, substance abuse, jumping into another relationship). Rise up to the challenge and deal with it head-on. This will allow you to be free of the pain in the time it takes rather than lingering on it forever.
2. There is no room for guilt in your life going forward. If you made a mistake then, by all means feel the guilt for the moment. You may want to extend your apologies depending on the situation. But ongoing guilt is a killer. Get rid of it.
3. Don’t be hard on yourself in the process of healing. Feel your emotions and acknowledge them. It is awkward and uncomfortable but going through the motions allows you to feel like a human being. It is normal. Don’t be embarrassed for feeling the way you do.
4. Talk, write, sing, dance, draw and create–if you have a passion that you lose yourself in then use it to help you heal. Writing and music is my healthy escape and I can express myself through a journal without judgment from anyone. It gets my thoughts and feelings out. I end up creating some great pieces too!
5. Our mindsets can either help us to go forward or keep us in a state of fear, sadness and regret! It’s very easy to remain hurt and angry, but that won’t help us personally. Take each day as it comes and choose the attitude that will uplift you. Give out positive vibes and the universe will reciprocate.
Hope You Guys Have an Awesome Weekend.