Monday, March 7, 2016

Confession: I am addicted to Instagram and Twitter

Dear Girls,

I have a confession to make.

So recently I was asked the dreaded question of this generation "So what do you do for fun?" I had no idea how to answer because every spare moment of my day is spent on social media. I'm still wondering if I should've said "I do social media for fun." Anyways, that's when it dawned on me that I'm a social media addict and a third degree stalker.

I am a social media addict and I don’t care. I love social media and I don’t care if you judge me, I know that’s sad. I love it for real (selfish) reasons like stalking people’s Instagram feeds only so my mouth could hang open at how beautiful their hair/house/body/makeup/cat is.


 Source: https://www.signs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Top-10-Signs-Youre-Addicted-to-Social-Media.jpg

Signs you’re totally and completely addicted to social media.



1. When you  check it first thing in the morning because you’ve probably miss so much while you were sleeping. It is just a habit we enjoy while we are waking up.

2. You go out with friends for food and purposefully choose something that looks pretty/healty-ish  for an Instagram photo; because obviously you want people to think you’re a flawless, healthy-eating goddess who would definitely choose some avocado on toast over a huge, greasy burger.

3. Your camera roll is constantly full of selfies you’ve never used but  can’t delete them – who knows when you might need one?

4. Your “evening routine” is 1. Check Twitter 2. Check Instagram 3. Check Facebook 4. Check Instagram again just in case someone has posted a really great photo. 5. Repeat.

5. When you’ve been away from your phone (by some miracle)  for X minutes/hours and you have no notifications. That means the internet has been destroyed and nobody can get in contact with you. It’s not that people actually have lives outside of social media or anything. Nope.

6. You contort yourself into really weird and usually uncomfortable positions to make sure you look as smoking hot as possible in your selfie.

7. You’ve been stalking someone’s Instagram for so long that you’re a good 3 years down their feed and just praying you don’t accidentally like a photo and look like a total creep. Haven’t we all been there?

8. Having no data left and no access to wifi is the worst thing that’s ever happened to anyone. And even worst than that is slow wifi.

9. The highlight of your day is when get an equally eloquent, witty and hilarious Tweet out and it’s bang on 140 characters  and you didn’t even need to sacrifice your grammar.

10. Your camera roll is also  full of memes and quotes that that you haven’t posted, yet you continue to screenshot more because someday you’ll need it.


 So, this is me, holding my hands up and saying I’m totally addicted to social media. It is my form of recreational activity because what is life without Twitter and Instagram.

Love Always,
Seema Sammy.





No comments:

Post a Comment