Sunday, February 21, 2016

My first night here without you

Dear Girls, 


As I've stated on previous posts, I will be  sharing personal experiences on this blog. I'm only sharing it so you guys can relate to what I'm going through; maybe this is the exact situation one of you is trapped in.

Here's a little poem

Home Alone without you

On my first night here without you
Without anyone
 I took two showers and still I felt you.

On my first night home alone, I ate a egg sandwich,
I heard your voice three times in the murmur of the heater,
and counted 16 cars drive by.

The sheet still lingers with your scent,
And still it lays on my skin with your weight
I had to sleep naked with my hands over my ears
Blocking out the deafening sound of time passing
16 cars, 17, 21, 30, 45, 108.
           
On my first night here without you
I did not cry                                            
I replaced the ghost of your presence with car horns and motorbike growls.
  
On my first night here without you, 
I found a blood stained tissue from when I popped your pimple, 
the little sticky note on the bed head is still here,
when I thanked you for dinner and said "I love you, stoopid".

On my first night here without you, 
I woke up at 4:30 AM by your voice,
I guess I was dreaming.


Have a great day my loves, 
Seema Sammy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment