Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Opinion Matters!

Growing up people would tell me that I needed to look a certain way, that I needed to lose weight to look beautiful. That I wasn't good enough because I was FAT, yes I used the 'F' word. They would never give me  a chance, they would assume because I'm fat then I can't be ambitious or I wouldn't get anywhere in life. None of my dreams deserve to come true because I am fat. I know this is FUCKING ridiculous but I believed them. I believe that I wouldn't be able to achieve anything.
And for years I've hated myself because no matter how hard I try to look the way society wanted me to look, I couldn't look that way. I started gym, went on crazy diets trying to stave myself, among other stuff. 
The craziest thing was whenever I would see people I haven't seen in a while, first thing they would say is 'you haven't lost any weight?', aren't you doing anything about it?' and then my weight would be the hot topic of that encounter. I mean come on don't you wanna know how I've been doing at school, or if I have a promotion  at work, or I don't know how my fucking day went??? And for years I thought this was the right way for them to treat me because I was FAT. And even if I was doing great in my life, that wouldn't matter because guess what, I was FAT. 

To those people, I say #EffYourBeautyStandards. Eff what you think about me. At the end of the day, you're mad about who I am but I am happy about who I am. And my opinion about myself is the only one that matters darling.
Love,
Seema Sammy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment